Follow this guide for your Vuzix BT300, Google Glass EE, or ODG R-7 smart glasses.
For the RealWear HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1, follow this guide.
Note: By installing Vital software, you agree to the terms of the Software Evaluation License Agreement.
Download the Vital App
- Ensure that your glasses are connected to the internet.
- In your glasses' All Apps list, scroll to and select your web browser to open it.
- Move your cursor over the address bar at the top of the screen, and click on it.
Note: On ODG R-7 glasses you may need to switch your navigation mode to "cursor" by pressing the "cursor" button (the rear-most button on the underside of the right arm of your glasses).You can now move a cursor around on the screen using the touchpad button on top of the right arm of the glasses.
- Enter this URL using the on-screen keyboard: app.vital.enterprises/download and, if prompted, follow the instructions to update permissions.
Note: If you are viewing this page on your glasses, simply click on the link above.
- Click "Go" on the on-screen keyboard.
Install the Vital App
- Return to the home screen by pressing the "back" button.
- In your glasses' All Apps list, scroll to and click on "Downloads".
- Scroll to and click on "vital.apk". You may need to wait until it has completed downloading.
Note: If more than one "vital.apk" is listed, click on the one at the top of the list.
- If asked, click on "Package installer" then click on "Always".
- If you receive an "Install blocked" notice, click on "Settings" then scroll to and click on "Unknown sources" to enable this, then click "OK". Press the "back" button on your glasses, then repeat the above two steps.
- You will be asked "Do you want to install this application?". Click on "Next" repeatedly, until "Next" changes to "Install".
- Click on "Install".
- Once you see an "App installed" notice, Click on "Open"
Set up Vital
- For instructions on completing setup visit: How to complete initial setup
You have installed the Vital software platform.
Please sign in to leave a comment.